JERSEY CITY, N.J.- Senior Alex Frakes (San Diego, Calif./Rancho Bernardo) secured the lone point for the Peacocks, as the Saint Peter's University men's tennis team dropped a 6-1 decision to the visiting Villanova University Wildcats this afternnoon
Frakes defeated Chris Seitz at #2 singles by scores of 7-6, 6-3 to pace the Peacocks in the loss.
Luccas Coutinho (Rio de Janeiro, Brazil / Coligio GPI-Vinicula) almost came away with a win at #4 singles, but fell in three. The junior forced a decisive third set against Nova's Max Levine after falling 6-1 in the first and battling out a 6-4 set-two win. Levine would ultimately win the tie-breaker 10-8.
Saint Peter's fell in straight sets in the remaining singles matches, and were also swept in doubles play.
The Peacocks return to action on March 30th as they host MAAC foe Niagara in the Yanitelli Bubble.
Villanova 6, Saint Peter's 1
1. O'Brien, Thomas (NOVA) def. Carrera, Carlos (SP) 6-4, 6-2
2. Frakes, Alex (SP) def. Seitz, Chris (NOVA) 7-6, 6-3
3. Peyton, Ryan (NOVA) def. Knezevic, Marko (SP) 6-1, 6-0
4. Levine, Max (NOVA) def. Coutinho, Luccas (SP) 6-1, 4-6, 10-8
5. Rosenger, Michael (NOVA) def. Bellomi, Oliver (SP) 6-3, 6-2
6. Miller, M. (NOVA) def. Valdiviezo, Fabian (SP) 6-2, 6-0
1. Donaldson, Kelly/O'Brien, Thomas (NOVA) def. Carrera, Carlos/Frakes, Alex (SP) 8-6
2. Rosenger, Michael/Colonessa, M. (NOVA) def. Coutinho, Luccas/Knezevic, Marko (SP) 8-6
3. Seitz, Chris/Peyton, Ryan (NOVA) def. Bellomi, Oliver/Valdiviezo, Fabian (SP) 8-6