Men's Tennis Defeated By Loyola In Final Regular Season Match
BALTIMORE, MD. - In their final contest of the 2012-13 regular season, the Saint Peter's University men's tennis team dropped a 5-2 decision Saturday evening to Loyola University.
The hosts opened competition clinching the doubles point as they won both #1 and #2 doubles. The duo of Mario Huljev and Alex Frakes managed to defeat Connor Olesnycky and Jordan Kuchta at #3 doubles however, by a score of 8-4.
Saint Peter's battled back to win the first two singles matches, but went on to drop the last four en route to the defeat.
Carlos Carrera handled Bobby Gorczakowski by scores of 6-2 and 6-3 at #1 singles to gain the Peacocks' first points. Mario Knezevic notched Saint Peter's last point, defeating Harrison Kunkel (6-1, 6-1) at #2 singles.
Loyola 5, Saint Peter's 2
1. Carrera, Carlos (SP) def. Gorczakowski, Bobby (LOY) 6-2, 6-3
2. Knezevic, Marko (SP) def. Kunkel, Harrison (LOY) 6-1, 6-1
3. Pietrak, Connor (LOY) def. Frakes, Alex (SP) 3-6, 6-2, 6-3
4. Kuchta, Jordan (LOY) def. Coutinho, Luccas (SP) 4-6, 6-4, 6-1
5. Lisco, Connor (LOY) def. Bellomi, Oliver (SP) 3-6, 6-2, 6-3
6. Olesnycky, Connor (LOY) def. No player (SP), by default
1. Pietrak, Connor/Gorczakowski, Bobby (LOY) def. Carrera, Carlos/Bellomi, Oliver (SP) 9-7
2. Kunkel, Harrison/Lisco, Connor (LOY) def. Knezevic, Marko/Coutinho, Luccas (SP) 8-6
3. Huljev, Mario/Frakes, Alex (SP) def. Olesnycky, Connor/Kuchta, Jordan (LOY) 8-4