LOUDONVILLE, N.Y.- The Saint Peter's University women's tennis team dropped a tight 4-3 road decision to Siena College yesterday afternoon.
After dropping two of three doubles matches to open play, the Peacocks stormed to life capturing the first three singles matches, before losing the last three to seal the win for the Saints.
Livingston went on to set the pace in singles play; easily besting her opponent by dominant scores of 6-0 and 6-2. Sophomore Adina Ungurean-Halagian (Bucharest, Romania/Schiller International School) followed suit; defeated Carly Holloway at #2 singles; 6-1, 6-1.
Saint Peter's secured their last point at #3 singles, as Jonesia Williams defeated Alssa Singh by forfeit.
The Peacocks return home this Friday, for a 3pm match against Hartford in the Yanitelli Bubble.
Siena College 4, Saint Peter's 3
1. Livingston, Alexandr (SP) def. Filip, Brittany (SIEW) 6-0, 6-2
2. Ungurean-Halagian, A (SP) def. Holloway, Carly (SIEW) 6-1, 6-0
3. Williams, Joniesa (SP) def. Singh, Allysa (SIEW), by forfeit
4. Macaluso, Jessica (SIEW) def. Grbelja, Ivana (SP) 6-3, 6-1
5. Braz, Cassandra (SIEW) def. Vogel, Vanessa (SP) 6-1, 6-2
6. Reagan, Erika (SIEW) def. Nowodgrodzki, Jessic (SP) 6-1, 6-0
1. Livingston, Alexandr/Williams, Joniesa (SP) def. Macaluso, Jessica/Braz, Cassandra (SIEW) 8-5
2. Holloway, Carly/Singh, Allysa (SIEW) def. Grbelja, Ivana/Ungurean-Halagian, A (SP) 8-0
3. Filip, Brittany/Reagan, Erika (SIEW) def. Vogel, Vanessa/Nowodgrodzki, Jessic (SP) 8-1